- Travel to Reggio Emilia: Rediscover the early childhood approach that has inspired educators globally
- Inquiry planning: Finding a balance between an emergent curriculum and standard curriculum
- Thinking and learning time made visible: iPhoneography and portfolios a combined session
- Getting started in FDK: Bringing it all together and feeling more prepared for September
When I present at workshops, conferences, or institutes, I always hope to inspire. The most rewarding part for me is to network with other educators and make possible my journey for more children.
During this summer series, one participant (Jackie Clarke) signed up for the entire week and travelled all the way from New York! She was inspired to create a blog about her journey: Roots and Wings after our time together. It is moments like these that motivate me to continue to offer more learning opportunities for adults!
- All who registered and participated! We had educators from all across Ontario, one from British Columbia, New York, and even as far as Beijing.
- My former student Ava Augustin @ava_augustin and her family who generously shared her FDK portfolio and journey with us.
- Ellen Brown @EllenBrown28 (Pedagogical Documentation Building Canadian Connections) for her guest speaker appearance and setup support.
- Our partners: Sands Alive! @sandsalive @incrediblenovel - Louise Kool & Galt - Lolo Floral @lolo_floral firstname.lastname@example.org - PERMABOUND Books @PermaBoundBooks email@example.com
- The St. George Golf and Country Club
- My father-in-law for helping me to bring all of the materials to and from the venue.
Here are a few photographs captured by participants:
Be sure to check out our hashtag on Instagram and Twitter for more... #TranformEdWorkshop
See you next Sunday for the Fall #TransformEdWorkshop! Joining us will be #4EverInspired's: Trista Dutt of @KindieKorner, Jocelyn Schmidt of @ourkindergartenjourney, Vanessa Bianchi of @EvolvingEducator, and my SK/1 Grade team Heidi Theis of @h_theis and Sandra Foryszewski of @ourmanywonders. Can't wait!!!
Stay tuned for an upcoming post on our experience together with Crayola and Louise Kool & Galt!